Happy Monday, friends! I hope you had the best weekend, and are having a great start to your week! If I’m being TOTALLY honest with you guys, I have been struggling with my productivity the past week or so! Every once in a while this happens, and I feel little to know motivation and inspiration. I share this with you because I’m learning this is normal, especially for someone who works from home and for themselves! If you ever feel this way, please know it’s ok and you will get through it! After chatting with my sweet hubs last night, I felt a lot better and decided this morning that I was going to take action and do something about the way I was feeling! I thought I would go ahead and turn this into a blog post so if you are ever feeling how I have been, you can break through it as well! Here are 5 ways to have a productive week!
1. Make a list on Sunday night! I am a huge list maker! I am way more of a paper and pen girl than I am a digital list maker, but feel free to do whatever you like better! On Sunday night right before I go to bed, I pull out my little notebook I keep on my bedside table and I write down all the things I want to and need to do that week! This not only helps me clear my head and sleep better knowing it’s all written down, but it allows me to wake up with a clear list for the week!
My business coach recently taught me this trick and it’s life changing! After making your list, go through and separate each action into either a task or a project! Tasks are the actions that will take 15 minutes or less, and projects are the actions that take longer than 15 minutes! Then, you can go through your schedule for each day, M-F, and assign either a task or a project where you have time!
2. Workout! I know this is soooo cliche, but ya’ll, self care is a GAME CHANGER in every aspect of list! My productivity skyrockets when I make it a point to take care of myself! The best change I can recommend is to put on workout clothes as soon as you wake up so you do not have an excuse to not workout!
3. Drink an ice cold glass of water! I’m not a coffee drinker and never will be, but even if you are, a glass of ice cold water in the morning will help you kick of the day! I love drinking it before I even eat breakfast or do anything!
4. Plan something to look forward to that week! I am the type of person who likes to look forward to things and feel rewarded from time to time, so planning something like a date night really helps me work hard during the week! I love knowing I have something that will be super fun!
5. Cross things off! Keep track and be mindful of your progress! I love physically crossing things off my list or checking things off on my digital to do list! It’s so rewarding to just cross it off and celebrate that small victory!
I hope you found this helpful, and I would love to hear what you do for yourself when you are feeling in a rut!